- Collaborate with all-star teammates to dream up Transit’s next big feature.
- Develop those features, refine existing ones, and maintain the Android app with your tender love and care.
- Refactor and refine Transit’s architecture to make maintenance simpler to carry out, and new features more-easily integrated.
- Conspire with our design team priests to bring their vision (and yours) to pixel-plated perfection.
- Good knowledge of Kotlin and C++.
- You know your way around Android Studio and are detail oriented.
- Conversational skills in French (and ideally, English).
💯 Would be nice if…
- Experience with Jetpack Compose.
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub.
- You are the maestro behind at least one superb (and ideally, published) Android app.
- Passionate about cities, urbanism, public transit, design, technology, GIF battles on Slack.
Don’t feel like all the requirements apply to you but you still think you’d be a great fit for Transit? Don’t hesitate to apply!
💰 Compensation and benefits
$70,000 CAD - $110,000 CAD per year, based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 5 weeks vacation
- Four-day work week for everyone
- Apple laptop and equipment
- $1,500 annual mobility allowance. STM? BIXI? Uber? E-bike? Scooter? Going car-free is free at Transit.
- A training and development budget
- Generous maternal/paternal/parental leave policy. Gotta fill out our tandem bicycles somehow!
- Flexible work hours
- Spend your days surrounded by first-rate teammates and the best view of Montreal and/or [insert exotic Zoom background]
- When you’re in the office: you’ll be in urbanist heaven, surrounded by Mile End’s urban gardens, bike paths, BIXI docks, bus stops, a metro station, and limitless restaurants… cafés… bars… concert halls… bagel boutiques…
- Communal lunch-and-learn with free food in the office each week
👨💻 A note on diversity
Public transit is used by overwhelmingly more women and people of colour than other modes of transportation. We try to make sure the diversity of our users is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better app for everyone who uses Transit.
We encourage candidates of all ages, genders, origins and orientations to apply. If you’d like to specify which pronouns you’d like to be referred to, feel free to include that in your application email.
And if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on all things transportation, mobility, accessibility, urbanism? Let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it merits.
📬 How to apply
Shoot us an email at [email protected] with a CV, quick summary of who you are and why you’re interested in working at Transit, a link to your GitHub, and some projects you’re proud to have worked on. We look forward to meeting you!
PS: When you apply, let us know how you heard about the position! Whispers, grapevines, middle-of-the-night Google searches? We’re dying to know.