- Creating a new bikeshare, ridehail, scooter, or ticketing integration.
- Working with product designers to create web-based user experiences in the app.
- Setting up the required server-side components (proxies, vaults, etc.)
- Creating dashboards to follow performance metrics.
- Triaging, investigating bugs, fixing ones found in our current integrations.
- Improving our internal sales reporting tools.
- Working on our internal release and integration toolkits.
- Experience in dealing with multiple sources of data and different APIs
- Good knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- You're a self starter, adaptable and detail oriented
- Conversational skills in English or French (preferably both)
💯 Would be nice if…
- Familiarity with function as a service platforms (FAAS, like AWS Lambda) and Kubernetes
- Good visual sense (aka you know a pretty interface when you see one)
- Passionate about urbanism and transit
Don’t feel like all the requirements apply to you but you still think you’d be a great fit for Transit? Don’t hesitate to apply!
💰 Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 5 weeks vacation
- Apple laptop and equipment
- $1,500 annual mobility allowance. STM? BIXI? Uber? E-bike? Scooter? Going car-free is free at Transit.
- A training and development budget
- Generous maternal/paternal/parental leave policy. Gotta fill out our tandem bicycles somehow!
- Flexible work hours
- Spend your days surrounded by first-rate teammates and the best
view of Montreal Zoom backgrounds in the world
👨💻 A note on diversity
Public transit is used by overwhelmingly more women and people of colour than other modes of transportation. We try to make sure the diversity of our users is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better app for everyone who uses Transit.
We encourage candidates of all ages, genders, origins and orientations to apply. If you’d like to specify which pronouns you’d like to be referred to, feel free to include that in your application email.
And if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on all things transportation, mobility, accessibility, urbanism? Let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it merits.
📬 How to apply
Transit is a "let me teach you how to do that" kind of work environment. And we’re excited to have you join it. Ready to apply? Shoot us an email at [email protected] with a quick summary of who you are and some projects you’re proud to have worked on. We look forward to meeting you!
PS: When you apply, let us know how you heard about the position! Whispers, grapevines, middle-of-the-night Google searches? We’re dying to know.