- We have a lot of frontend services! You’ll help us maintain the microservice architecture that hosts them all
- Identify ways to improve our internal dashboard so our user’s transit data is as close to perfect as
humanly robotically possible
- Befriend our transit data analysts, use their hard-won wisdom to design automated tools for tidying and refining transit data
- Whip up beautiful dashboards for our agency partners. That way, agencies can make more informed decisions on transit service changes — and more effectively implement those changes within Transit
- Write clear, commented, tested code (the kind that lets you sleep without nightmares)
- Bugs! Scourge of the earth! Ferret them out and fix ‘em when they arise
- Good grasp of CSS and HTML
- You’re comfortable dealing with different APIs and multiple sources of data
- You can show big data sets who’s boss
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- An eagerness to learn from (but also, share your learnings with!) all the lovely people on your team
💯 Would be nice if…
- You had experience working with Typescript
- You were familiar with Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes
- You had Designervision™ (aka you know a pretty interface when you see one)
- You were passionate about cities, urbanism, public transit, design, technology. Or all the above!
Don’t feel like all the requirements apply to you but you still think you’d be a great fit for Transit? Don’t hesitate to apply!
💰 Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 5 weeks vacation
- Apple laptop and equipment
- $1,500 annual mobility allowance. STM? BIXI? Uber? E-bike? Scooter? Going car-free is free at Transit.
- A training and development budget
- Generous maternal/paternal/parental leave policy. Gotta fill out our tandem bicycles somehow!
- Flexible work hours
- Spend your days surrounded by first-rate teammates and the best
view of Montreal Zoom backgrounds in the world
👨💻 A note on diversity
Public transit is used by overwhelmingly more women and people of colour than other modes of transportation. We try to make sure the diversity of our users is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better app for everyone who uses Transit.
We encourage candidates of all ages, genders, origins and orientations to apply. If you’d like to specify which pronouns you’d like to be referred to, feel free to include that in your application email.
And if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on all things transportation, mobility, accessibility, urbanism? Let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it merits.
PS: When you apply, let us know how you heard about the position! Whispers, grapevines, middle-of-the-night google searches? We’re dying to know.
📬 How to apply
Transit is a "let me teach you how to do that" kind of work environment. And we’re excited to have you join it. Ready to apply? Shoot us an email at [email protected] with a quick summary of who you are and some projects you’re proud to have worked on. We look forward to meeting you!