- Design, build and manage the infrastructure we need to keep growing.
- Update existing services to make them more resilient, easier to test, easier to deploy.
- Work alongside Transit’s other development teams to improve visibility on our infrastructure and services.
- Mastery of Kubernetes and Docker
- Ability to develop tools and services in mainstream programming languages
- Knowledge of the usual suspects in the backend ecosystem (API servers, databases, CDNs, etc.)
- Interested in monitoring and alerting systems
- Conversational skills in English (and ideally, Français)
💯 Would be nice if…
- You’re passionate about urbanism and transit!
- You’ve got a strong command of networking optimization.
- You have experience with Google Cloud Platform's buffet of managed services.
- You have serial-sly strong opinions on serialization.
Don’t feel like all the requirements apply to you but you still think you’d be a great fit for Transit? Don’t hesitate to apply!
💰 Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 5 weeks vacation
- Apple laptop and equipment
- $1,500 annual mobility allowance. STM? BIXI? Uber? E-bike? Scooter? Going car-free is free at Transit.
- A training and development budget
- Generous maternal/paternal/parental leave policy. Gotta fill out our tandem bicycles somehow!
- Flexible work hours
- Spend your days surrounded by first-rate teammates and the best
view of Montreal Zoom backgrounds in the world
👨💻 A note on diversity
Public transit is used by overwhelmingly more women and people of colour than other modes of transportation. We try to make sure the diversity of our users is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better app for everyone who uses Transit.
We encourage candidates of all ages, genders, origins and orientations to apply. If you’d like to specify which pronouns you’d like to be referred to, feel free to include that in your application email.
And if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on all things transportation, mobility, accessibility, urbanism? Let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it merits.
PS: When you apply, let us know how you heard about the position! Whispers, grapevines, middle-of-the-night google searches? We’re dying to know.
📬 How to apply
Shoot us an email at [email protected] with a CV, quick summary of who you are and why you’re interested in working at Transit, a link to your GitHub, and some projects you’re proud to have worked on. We look forward to meeting you!