- Collaborate with all-star teammates to dream up Transit’s next big feature.
- Develop those features, refine existing ones, and maintain the iOS app with your tender love and care.
- Refactor and refine Transit’s architecture to make maintenance simpler to carry out, and new features more-easily integrated.
- Conspire with our design team priests to bring their vision (and yours) to pixel-plated perfection.
- You're a self starter, adaptable and detail oriented.
- Good knowledge of Objective-C or Swift, plus the iOS Frameworks.
- Y’all can speak and write the French and English good.
💯 Would be nice if…
- Experience with C++.
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub.
- You are the maestro behind at least one superb (and ideally, published) iOS app.
- Passionate about cities, urbanism, public transit, design, technology, GIF battles on Slack.
Don’t feel like all the requirements apply to you but you still think you’d be a great fit for Transit? Don’t hesitate to apply!
💰 Compensation and benefits
$70,000 CAD - $110,000 CAD per year, based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 5 weeks vacation
- Four-day work week for everyone
- Apple laptop and equipment
- $1,500 annual mobility allowance. STM? BIXI? Uber? E-bike? Scooter? Going car-free is free at Transit.
- A training and development budget
- Generous maternal/paternal/parental leave policy. Gotta fill out our tandem bicycles somehow!
- Flexible work hours
- Spend your days surrounded by first-rate teammates and the best view of Montreal and/or [insert exotic Zoom background]
- When you’re in the office: you’ll be in urbanist heaven, surrounded by Mile End’s urban gardens, bike paths, BIXI docks, bus stops, a metro station, and limitless restaurants… cafés… bars… concert halls… bagel boutiques…
- Communal lunch-and-learn with free food in the office each week
👨💻 A note on diversity
Public transit is used by overwhelmingly more women and people of colour than other modes of transportation. We try to make sure the diversity of our users is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better app for everyone who uses Transit.
We encourage candidates of all ages, genders, origins and orientations to apply. If you’d like to specify which pronouns you’d like to be referred to, feel free to include that in your application email.
And if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on all things transportation, mobility, accessibility, urbanism? Let us know, and we’ll make sure your application gets the attention it merits.
📬 How to apply
We'd love to hear from you. Send your resume, GitHub account and other relevant info to [email protected].
PS: When you apply, let us know how you heard about the position! Whispers, grapevines, middle-of-the-night Google searches? We’re dying to know.