Users (B2C) - With help from graphic design, comms, and biz teams you can shepherd the rider lifecycle from discovery, to download, to engagement/retention/re-activation:
- App store optimization: many riders will stick with the first public transportation app they download. Your goal is to make sure it’s Transit. You’ll work on optimizing our app store discoverability by constantly tinkering with keywords, descriptions, listings, graphics, localizations, etc.
- Paid marketing: jumpstart new markets and give an extra boost when we have a new city/feature/partnership to propound (say, for instance: a mobile ticketing integration). Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, bus wraps, billboards, paid content... our war chest is at your best idea’s disposal.
- In-app marketing: is a partner offering free rides to Transit users? Is there a new feature to announce? You’ll be setting up in-app banners and push notifications to amplify the good news.
- Retention and re-engagement: to help our riders to get the most out of Transit. You’ll lead strategy and campaign design, coordinate messaging, manage implementation, track success, and optimize to the nth degree.
- User emails: when riders create a Transit account they require occasional emails; you’ll help design effective campaigns that don’t taste like spam.
- Funnel optimization: we have all kinds of funnels in the app, like buying transit tickets or bikesharing passes, creating a Transit account, booking a ridehail trip, etc. Where are users dropping off? What improvements can be made? You’ll work with the product and communications teams to refine this experience.
- SEO: be on a first name basis with Larry and Sergey. If you do not know Larry and Sergey, that’s ok. Guess you’ll just have to improve our SEO the old-fashioned way.
Partners (B2G/B2B) - Help us help our partners help our users
- Partner marketing: determine the most effective and efficient marketing channels for transit agency partners and shared mobility (ridehail, scooter, bikeshare, etc.) partners.
- Partner Newsletters: we send quasi-delightful monthly emails to our partners. You’ll help find ways to make them delight anew, reach the right people, and identify opportunities for the business team (based on who’s clicking them, 20 times in a row.)
Nice to haves
- You like conferences - If you wish to travel our blue orb, to make it a little greener.
- Events - You could help us plan them, from touchdown to takedown. You could work on signage, promotional materials, organizing happy hours, identifying valuable sponsorship and partnership opportunities, booking meetings, etc. to make sure the right people know (and want to work with) Transit.
- Creative sensibility - An eye for good copy and design are all you need; but if you can pitch in yourself, hurray hurray.
- Polygot! The more languages you can speak, write and understand, the better.
Experience + Qualifications
- 3+ years in a growth, analytics, or digital marketing role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. French skills sont un plus.
- Startup experience: you gotta be nimble™
- And, importantly, you don’t find data scary...
- ...which means you’re comfortable with some/most of these: Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Amplitude, DOMO, Looker, Amplitude, Excel (do you know your way around a pivot table?), app store + search engine optimization, social media analytics, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- $1,500 annual mobility allowance. STM? BIXI? Uber? E-bike? Scooter? Going car-free is free at Transit.
- 4 weeks vacation
- Apple laptop and equipment
- Spend your days surrounded by first-rate teammates + the best view of Montreal
- A training and development budget
- Communal lunch-and-learn with free food on Fridays
- Flexible work hours
We believe in the importance of an inclusive and diverse team. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, orientations and backgrounds to apply. If you want to specify which pronouns you use, please let us know in your application message.
How to apply: Send your resume, a brief explanation of why you want to work for Transit, links to any online presence you’re particularly proud of (blog, Twitter), and any other information you find relevant to jobs+mar[email protected].